The body can do some amazing things! The more we study the more we come to realize that we really don’t know much about the human body. Our knowledge continues to expand over time and we have come to find out that the human body truly is remarkable.
So here are some intriguing facts for you about the human body!
1. Your body is more stretchy when you are pregnant.
2. This guy is considered the world’s most “ripped” man and it’s amazing what the body can do.
3. Humans are the only species to produce tears from emotions.
4. Your tongue is one of the strongest muscles in your body.
5. Our pupils dilate when we look at someone we admire.
6. Most babies are born with blue eyes!
7. We all have a one of a kind smell, fingerprint and tongue print.
8. Your sneeze moves at the speed of 160 km/h!
9. Your body is made up of about 7 octillion atoms (that’s 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms).
10. It takes 43 muscles in your body to frown.
11. And only 17 muscles to smile!
You actually work harder to look angry than to be happy!
12. Your facial expressions and heartbeat change depending on the music you are listening to.
13. While you’re sleeping, your brain produces enough electrical signals to light a small bulb.
14. Did you know that the human eye can see 10 million different colors?
15. If you try to convey any emotion with your facial expressions, you’ll feel it for real.
16. When in space an astronaut can gain about 2 inches in height.
17. It takes 200 muscles just to take a step forward.
18. You can live for about 5-10 minutes without oxygen, then your brain starts to die.
19. The longest pregnancy a human ever had was 375 days long or 12.5 months! 😱
20. You can survive for 2 months without any food.
Although we don’t recommend testing this one out on your own!